Values & Principles for Commenting
By submitting a comment on this website, you are agreeing to uphold the Values and Principles for Commenting. In return, I agree to publish all comments. There is a caveat: comments that are threatening or violent will not be published and you will be banned from commenting.
VALUES AND PRINCIPLES FOR COMMENTING
- Everyone is invited to participate in the conversation.
- Diversity of backgrounds and perspectives are welcome here.
- Candor and passion are encouraged. Speak from the head and from the heart.
- Disagreement and dissent must be made with respect.
- If you reference other sources, such as news articles, consider providing a link in your comment so that others may see what you are talking about.
- Please consider how your commenting might be affected by internalized white supremacy, white privilege, internalized racial oppression, economic privilege, or different forms of bias or prejudice.
- Be open to sitting with discomfort if you feel your guard going up. Consider how you can transform the discomfort into an opportunity to learn and grow in your understanding of the topic at hand.
- Threats, violence and cyberbullying will not be tolerated.
I look forward to our lively and passionate conversations!
If you have a question or a suggestion for a value or principle to include, please let me know!